The inspiration for this site came from the following:
- growing up as a larger-than-average black child in Orange County, CA who consistently questioned the nature of authority and the associated selective amnesia from the hyper-privileged.
- the police in Irvine.
- noticing that all ‘Black History’ taught in ‘World History’ classes starts from a post-colonial viewpoint.
- people like Susan Smith – the white lady who drowned her kids and blamed…you can guess who.
- witnessing the hypocrisy and methods for instilling #PWS in the workplace in CA.
- having the habit to ‘Stay Woke’ in general.